SUMMARIES in English


Elżbieta Tomkiewicz
AND MINERAŁ SPRINGS - THE PEARLS
OF RYMANÓW ZDRÓJ

A few months before the year 2000 Rymanów Zdrój is celebrating a jubilee — the 25th anniversary of its parish.... „So it was obvious. God gave us a great gift which should be used as a relief and help for the suffering humankind. ... „, says Countess Anna Potocka's diary, A day after the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, on 16 August 1876 minerał springs, which have been curing many from then on, started flowing out of the ground. Anna Potocka was a woman of great spirit. She knew that you should cure not only your body but at the same time your soul, ... It can be said. that Countess Anna Potocka laid the foundation stone of „the present church and also the spiritual life of the parish in Rymanów Zdrój. Building the spa chapel was finished in 1926, Until 1939 the chapel was a place for prayers only for health resort visitors. During the German occupation, soldiers and people from the vicinity gathered in the temple. ...
...On 3 February 1974, His Excellency Priest Bishop Ignacy Tokarczuk established an independent ministry there. Priest Franciszek Penar became the first parish priest...
..."During the warfare - Priest Franciszek Penar recollects — the German army blew up a bridge on the Tabor River. As a result of a strong gust, stained glasses on the southem side were shattered. After that ordinary window planes were inserted. After the polychrome was introduced (1978), new stain glass windows were successfully set. Three of them arę based on old patterns; however, two others are different. One of them presents the Virgin Mary of Częstochowa, the other one is dedicated to the Holy Father. It contains the datę of Pope John Paul II's election.
...The year 1989 is special — the parish chronicie says... „a debatę of 'the Round Table' was started. ...A new government is established. Will it fulfil the nation's expectations? Will it manage to lead the country out of the deep economic and moral crisis?...
The new school year begins with the introduction of religion to the school curriculum".
...The 90s abounded in religious events and ceremonies. And so in 1992, on the Director of the spa Władysław Jurczak's initiative, a figure of the Yirgin Mary was enthroned in the spa chapel. Count Ignacy Potocki was a honorary guest at the ceremony. ...
...On 20 July 1995 Priest Feliks Paściak took charge of the parish in Rymanów Zdrój. Spiritual and community life started to develop in a dynamie way. ...October 1997 - the evangelical retreat - a great experience for the faithful...
Priest Rector describes the time of the retreat as a chance „to assess one's situation in the universe, to marvel at God, to appreciate one's own value, to confess others' value, to arouse good desires, to let yourself be moulded according to Chrisfs example".
Another retreat, this time a formative one, took płace in the summer in Strzyżów (1998). The atmosphere and spirit as well as experience of the retreat can be described by the means of a quotation from the book entitled „Father tell me a word" (Jean Lafrance), „... you were touched by Christ's heat, you felt His taste which you could discoyer in human love and in monastic life. Love manifested by Chrisfs visage is not always the one you need, but it can be the one which you do not have and for which there is empty room"...
This spring Priest Rector is having the tempie enlarged. It is a kind of crowning of the quarter—century of the parish in Rymanów Zdrój. However, the most important event in 1999 is the parish mission. ... Preparation to the mission, among other things, is retreat. Retreat priests advocate deep in essence and fuli of God's love catechism lectures that urge people to refłect. Each sentence and thought gets straight to the heart and fathom the soul and mind entirely and ałso directs feelings towards God's Love...
Fragments

Stanisław Kryciński
BREATH OF THE CENTURIES
(ABOUT A STONEWORK IN RYMANÓW VICINITY)
The author describes wayside shrines that arę located in the places situated in the Rymanów vicinity. The places are: Łazy, Klimkówka, Ladzin, Zmysłówka, Głębokie, and Królik Wołoski.
Tradition of placing stony columnar wayside shrines with a cavity (or with cavities) has been retained sińce the beginning of the XXth century. Those from the second half of the XIXth century are much more modest, but it can be seen that chisels of various stonemasons ha.ve madę them. Some of thern, to-taily lacking any decorations, refer to a primeval form of a cult column. Others with decorations referring to architectural styles (mainly to classicism) imitate it in a more or less successful way. Such wayside shrines are found in the above mentioned villages. It is usually impossible to associate them with some specified sculptors. We only know that the following stonemasons were active at the turn of the XIXth and XXth centuries: Paweł Gaździk (in 1867 he made a figure in a cemetery in Łazy), Paweł Ha-nusz (the author of a figurę — Saint John Nepomucen from 1897 in Posada Dolna), Walenty Pelczar and his brother — both from Klimkówka (Walenty made a tombstone for his daughters in 1918), the Makulińskis from Posada Górna, and Stanisław Ziajka from Rymanów. As it can be seen, there is still much work for researchers and the theme is very graceful Dealing with the unique stonework from Rymanów vicinity will surely recompense them for any difficulties.

Iwan Krasowski
SCULPTURE IN THE VILLAGES WÓLKA AND BAŁUCIANKA AT THE END OF THE XIXth AND IN THE
FIRST HALF OF THE XXth CENTURY
The history of folk sculpture in the Lemko villages Wólka and Bałucianka dates back the old times, Presumably, the first works of local artists, which have been preserved, are the tsarist doors of the Bałucianka Orthodox church of the Virgin Mary's Falling Asleep, which were created at the turning of the XVIIth and XVIIIth century. The XIXth century brought the Lemko sculptors possibilities of developing their talents (Count Potocki's sculpture school in Rymanów and the Academy of Fine Arts in Cracow and Czech) and also meaningful economic benefits (an outlet for the goods in the health resorts: Rymanów Zdrój and Iwonicz Zdrój). Artistic talents allowed the local authors to preserve in wood not only the elements from the surrounding world of the Karpaty naturę but also the animals and plants known from drawings and photographs.
The most famous Bałucianka sculptors were: Mychajło Mychałyszyn, Jurko Kociaba, Dimitr and Anton Szałajda, Iwan Kiszczak, and Iwan Orysyk; Wólka artists sculptors were: Mychajło Orysyk, Kuźma Steciak, Hryhor Berdal, Wasyl Krasowski, Petro Suchorski and Andrij Iliasz. After the Second World War, Wólka and Bałucianka inhabitants were moved to Ukrainę. They settled down in the yicinity of Tarnopol and Lvov. There they developed their artistic talents and passed them on their children and grandchildren. Today many sculptors and painters whose ancestral roots originate from Wólka and Bałucianka live in the area of Ukrainę. It can be stated without exaggeration that the artistic creativity of the Lemko artists is a combination of Polish and Ukrainian cultural heritage, the Slavic one in a broader sense.

WELCOME TO THE RYMANOW
FOREST INSPECTORATE

The Rymanów Forest Inspectorate manages the Treasury's land area of 20,606 hectares. The forestry is directed according to the following rules: the common protection of the forests, the durability of maintaining the forests, the continuity and balanced usage of all the forests functions, the expansion of the forest resources.
The durably balanced forestry is run according to a plan of the wood's management in which the following aims are taken into consideration:
- the preservation of the forests and their profitable influence on the climate, the air, the water, the soil and man's living conditions,
- forests protection, especially of forests and ecosystems which create the natural fragments of the native nature,
- the protection of soil and areas especially exposed to destruction,
- the protection of surface and deep water,
- the production, on rational management terms, of wood, raw materials and by-products of forest use.
The Forest Inspectorate woods arę regarded as first class protected soils (protected soil, protected water, a climate health resort for the purpose of mass tourism).
The areas under special protection are:
1. the Jaśliska Landscape Park,
2. the „Źródliska Jasiołki" (Jasiołka's Springs) Reserve,
3. the „Bukowica" Reserve.
The picturesque scenery and the forests rich in big game make that the area can be used as a place of active rest with a possibility of hunting and taking photographs.
Moreover, the Forest Inspectorate administers forest parkings in Puławy, Rymanów Zdrój and Wola Niżna and also camping sites in Pastwiska and Jasiel.
People interested in broadening their knowledge about the natural ervironment of our region, are recommended to visit our „Forest Teaching Class" situated nearby Rymanów Zdrój in the Rymanów Forest Inspectorate. Cycling fans are also welcomed to the Forest Inspectorate where there is a „family bicycle path". Going down the path one can admire interesting places in terms of the naturę — such as points of active amphibian protection, the „Forest Teaching Class" and the „crocus meadow",
The Rymanów Forest Inspectorate's Rangers welcome you

Jan Tomkiewicz
„WANDERING AROUND"
WOŁTUSZOWA

The article aims to reconstruct of a part of the history of Wołtuszowa -- a place that no longer exists. Tourists following a red trail or a fitness trail are in the majority unaware of the fact that within almost a hundred years huge changes took place in the charming and peaceful valley. Recollections from the past are deliberately mixed with the descriptions of what is currently there, and they are to make the visitors aware of the need to protect the existing elements of landscape. The history of the last several decades did not leave us good examples of preservation of the cultural heritage of our region, as it is in the case of Wołtuszowa.

Marek Piela
EPITAPHS FROM
JEWISH CEMETERY
IN RYMANOW (PART II)

The article presents four epitaphs from jewish cemetery in Rymanów, dating back to 1827-1902 (Yitzhak son of Jacob, died 24 nisan 5639; Chaya Drozel daughter of Dov, died 23 adar I 5648; Yuta daughter of Joseph Tzvi Hirsch, died 14 schvat 5586 — her tomb is the oldest one preserved in Rymanów; Moshe Jacob son of Eliezer Schraga, died 12 tammuz 6662). The original hebrew texts are given with trans-lation and footnotes in which special attention is paid to poetic function of language (acrostich, rhymes) and to many biblical allusions. These two features prove the texts to be examples of melitza style.

Marek Jaworski
THE MINERAŁ SPRING PRODUCTION (1948-1997)
Minerał water bottling in the Rymanów Spa began after World War II in 1948 within the confines of the State Factory „Rymanów Spa", Initially, mineral water called „Tytus", „Klaudia" and „Celestyna" was bottled in the pump room using primitive equipment, In the years 1951-1952 production was moved to an old adapted saltpan where, after some time, a pedal machine for pouring water and a foot-operated machine for capping the bottles appeared. At the turn of the 50s and 60s, the first saturator was installed and the mineral water production was started, mainly of „Rymanowianka", which was based on „Tutus", later on of „Celestynka", chiefly based on the mineral spring intake „By Theresa" and mineral „Tytus". Since the mid 60s the bottłing plant has been provided with new automatic machines of Polish make „Spomasz" Poznań, a tunneł washing stand, a bottling machine, a capping machine, and a saturator (Nagena NRD). In 1981 the bottling plant was moved to Deszno, situated south off the spa, where an automatic production line of Czech made Namma was installed, having the efficiency of several thousands of 0,33 litre glasses bottles per hour. In 1995 the mineral water bottling in PET packages was started, using the old repaired East German machines and in 1997 the production of flavoured water in both types of packages: glass and PET.
As far as the production quantity is concerned, it began with bottling „Tytus", „Klaudia" and „Celestyna" in numbers of several thousand bottles of 0.75 and 0.5 litre .annualły (1949). At the beginning of 1960s the production of „Rymanowianka", then in 0.33 litre capped bottles, exceeded a hundred thousands of bottles annually and the production of „Celestynka" was on the similar level. Later on the production gradually increased and the production of „Celestynka" increased from nine million of bottles per year at the beginning of the 1980s to almost thirty million in the year 1998. The latter decrease in the number of the bottles sołd was made up for with minerał water in PET packaging, and in 1997 with flavored water in both types of packages.
The production crew number increased annually from two employees on average in Rymanów Zdrój to almost a hundred in Deszno, where two or three production changes were made. The managers of the production plants were subsequently: Józef Krukar, Zbigniew Michalicki, Tadeusz Niewiadomski, Ryszard Szajna (the manager of a warehouse — Jan Berdel), an engineer Henryk Waiss, Jan Potasiewicz and at present Jan Bigos.

Anna Węglorz-Stempin
PRETTY UGLINESS
In my article I present a specific group of animals which, unłike any others, are famous for their bad re-putation. Owing to their appearance and prejudices towards them, amphibia and reptiles, as they are di-scussed, are often victims because of man. They also die as a result of the of environmental pollution and under car wheels. Particular species and ałso the number of animals are getting smaller at a frightening pace. So left take an advantage of our stay in Rymanów Zdrój and have a łook at the numerousły described newts, frogs, toads, lizards and unfairly having only vipers of ill repute. We are going to learn to tell a viper from a grass snake. We do not react at their sight with a ery: „What ugliness".

Wojciech Krukar
THE VICINITY OF RYMANÓW
ON THE PRE-WAR
TOPOGRAPHICAL MAPS
Four pre-war topographical maps of the Rymanów Zdrój vicinity (three Austrian and a Polish one) were discussed. Each of them was characterised in a general way; their date of origin, the map projection and the used methods of presentation were taken into consideration. The changes in dimensional location and the state of phenomena, visible on the maps derived from surveys of different periods, were emphasised on selected examples.

Eng. Józef Dorynek
JEDLICZE OIL REFINERY JOINT-STOCK COMPANY
It was November 16, 1899. On that day, Edward Paszkowski representing a Hanover—Galician Oil Company in Krosno, in the frame work of exchange with Leizor Scheinbach, got plots number 31/1 and 31/12 for which, due to a lease contract dated November l, 1899, he received a permission for building oil processing facilities and above and underground oil reservoirs, with the right to tenancy for twenty five years and a possibility of further prolongation till the year 1949. An annual contract rent was 200 crowns and further 200,000 crowns were a deposit as a fulfilment of the contract conditions.
The above plots comprise the area of the present Górna Kolonia and a railway separates them from the south, Probably, they were used as a construction camp, and the southern plot was intended as a crew apartment building that was pulled down in the 50s.
In 1900 and 1902 further nine plots were bought -situated south off the railway, i.e. on both sides of the plot number 31/1, mainly on its eastern side where nowadays there is a railway control station, an engine house, „Propane" and Control—Measuring Apparatus (AKP) workshops. The first plant to produce lighting kerosene was built there. Oil distillation including one or two boilers and sulphuric acid oil refining had to be built. Refining waste from the installations was got rid ofin the years 1962-1963.
According to employees who remember a removal of the remains of a building in the left corner part of the present Control-Measuring Apparatus (AKP) building, there used to be a power station in which a 250 kW power oscillator was propelled by a transmission from a steam engine powered with 8 atmosphere steam from a coal—fired locomobile situated on the eastern side of the power station. The building was later adapted as an electric workshop, and as a Control-Measuring Apparatus (AKP) workshop at the end of the 80s, after ferro-concrete construction of the power station had been removed.
The technological installations were steam fed from a separate boiler-room located in the northern part of the present coal stockyard disposing of two locomobile boilers, each of which produced 5 Mg/hour 8 atmosphere steam. Water for the energetic needs was drawn from nearby ponds. The boiler—room's chimney was in the area of the present fire-brigade basin at „Propane". The boiler-room was later turned into a factory canteen that was later closed down in 1965.
A high chimney refrigerator (a graduation tower) was built for a turbine set need, located on a water basin, which was dismantled after World War II, and the basin was turned into a cresol-treated oil separator; later in 1990 it was abandoned when the power station was rebuilt as a Control-Measuring Apparatus (AKP) workshop.
The tenth plot was bought in 1902, number 55/3, in so called Ławczyska (the present area where there are administration buildings, joinery, a western oil separator, a firm shop, and an apartment building on the eastern side).
It is certain that in 1905 the refinery in Borek processed crude oil; it can be said so looking at a tax of 275,000 crowns which was paid that year, together with refineries in Libusz, Chorkówka, and Lipnik.
Judging from the tax, a conclusion can be drawn that it was one of the smallest refineries.
In 1906 the factoiy received a name: Kerosene Plant in Jedlicze (until then known as Borek Refinery) and it still belonged to the Hanover-Galician Kerosene Association.
In the same year the Plant bought other ten expansion plots situated south off the already existing ones, and reaching the present petrol storę, Petrol Rectification, Kerosene Rectification and a Water Station plot. The expansion decision was surely connected with the fact that in 1895 a kerosene deposit and a natural gas deposit were discovered in Potok, from where the kerosene was supplied to a railway station in Jedlicze, and in 1920 to the refinery, first by the means of wooden storage casks, later by tin ones and after World War I by an oil pipeline.
On the plots (nowadays there is a coal storage yard there) there was surely a new boiler distillation built, consisting of at least four boilers (they were adapted in the 1920s as a „mineral-pitch distillation" - oxidise).
Probably a new kerosene and oil refining was built (nowadays there is on oil refining part II and I), a paraf-fin plant, workshops and warehouses.
In 1911 the Hanover-Galician Oil Company shares were entirely bought by a Hanover—French Company „Du Nord".
In 1912 the Plant produced petrol, kerosene, „blue oil", paraffin and mineral-pitch, and exported the products to Belgium, France, Holland and Germany.
The products from Jedlicze were competitive; it was connected with high quality of the ptocessed kerosene from the nearby places: Potok and Jaszczwia, and also
with cheap fuel which was gas welled in 1908 in Białkówka, Jaszczwia, Brzezówka, Mecinka, Roztoki, Dobrucowa and Sądkowa.
In 1919 the Plant was bought by Dąbrowa - Kerosene Association in Drohobycz. Next year the Dąbrowa — Kerosene Association bought other 15 plots situated east off the plots that had been bought in 1906, reaching the area of a boiler park (it used to be the Planfs boarder) and reaching a Jasiółka River in the south. The refinery areas were doubled up to 33,6 ha.
In 1923 Jedlicze Oil Refinery Ltd, - headquarters in Lvov - still belonging to the Dąbrowa Kerosene Company, bought the Dąbrowa Kerosene Association shares. Afterwards, next stage in expansion was started which was carried out aocording to the latest technical solutions.
On the plots, the following were built:
— a new boiler distillation, consisting of six boilers working under atmospheric pressure. Capacity of the first three boilers was 70 m3 each, and the other boilers 38m3, and four vacuum boilers 38 m3 each. The installation unit processed enriched kerosene, approximately 30,000 Mg/year at the end of the 50s — the processing was doubled. Nowadays the distillation is permanently excluded from utilisation,
- Petrol Rectification (nowadays there exists a modernised building),
- warehouses were enlarged, and the following buildings were built: a laboratory (it still exists), garage workshops and a joinery, an administration building (it still exists), seventeen crew apartment buildings, bakeries, laundries, Baths at Jasiółka, and a House of Culture for Górna Kolonia,
- gas was supplied to technological stoves,
- a new boiler-room was built (1922), consisting of three steam boilers (efficiency: 8 Mg/hour, 12 atmosphere, Babcock Wilcox type, produced by I. Berneńska Machine Factory, gas-fired), and in 1916 two Zieleniecki coal boilers (efficiency: 5 Mg/hour, also known as Dziedzice) which were a technological reserve (they were transferred from Schodnica Refinery in Dziedzice). The boilers were withdrawn from usage in 1983-85. Steam from the boilers supplied a turbogenerator unit 0,5 MW, which was also produced by the I. Berneńska Machine Factory, and was closed down in 1966.
In 1926 there was a fusion of Jedlicze Oil Company Ltd. with Galician Karpaty Share Kerosene Association (d. Berghein at MacGarvey in Glinik Mrpol), which to-ok over all fortunę in return for 87,500 shares for Jedlicze Oil Company Ltd.'s sharehołders. The compa-ny's headąuarters were i n Lvov and a branch in Trzebinia, to which Jedlicze was subordinate — being one of the most modern refineries in the world. In 1928 the re-finery was taken over by a French capital represented by Małopolska Company. In that year the refinery admi-nistered:
— own electric energy,
— own heat energy from the steam boilers,
- a boiler distillation (ten boilers put in a cascade way: 6+4),
- Petrol Rectification: processing capacity 200 tank-cars monthly,
— kerosene and oil refining system,
- warehouses, repair garages, a laboratory in which scientific researches were conducted.
Processing capacity was 8,000 Mg/month, but in 1931 the refinery processed oil only 4,500 Mg/month. On waxfree crude oil's base, besides petrol, kerosene and gas oil, it produced kerosene fancy goods such as oil, freezing temperaturę below minus 20° C, and also road asphalt - 3,000 Mg/year.
In crisis years other refineries were either closed clown or eliminated, but the refinery was able to develop. In these years the following were built as prototypes:
— a gas plant,
— propane deasphalting (periodical) for which first distillation boilers were adapted,
— cresol refining (also periodic).
Energy oil after cresol and acid refining were again refined with bleaching day, imported from Germany and America, which was also regenerated.
In 1936 the refinery processed oil 36,000 Mg/year, and there were 373 employees, and processing costs were 0,93-0,94 USD per 100 kg of raw material.
In 1938-39 building of a compass gas plant, a two-stage one with storing containers and a gas meter, was started. World War II stopped it.
The refinery occupation started on 8 September 1939. On l November 1939 the refinery was taken over by Beskiden Erdol company; and in 1942 by Karpat Kerosene Share Association.
During the occupation an ethylation unit was built for the army needs, and asphalt distillation was adapted to process kerosene.
The Red Army liberated the refinery on 8 September 1944. Loss in fixed assets was 842,3 zł, according to prices then, and the refinery was worth 4,942,000 zł. Before the bomb hail, kerosene processing was started and in January 1945 the majority of installations was working. Jedlicze Refinery was a military training ground for refining industry. In 1946, 8,8 min zł was allocated for that aim, the fixed assets value was 9,7 min zł, and the refinery owned installed systems of 3,982 KM power. In the first year of a three-year plan (1947) a new installation was begun - gasoline stabilisation and the liquid gas production, oil refinery was enriched with cresol and propane deasphalting was enriched in 1949.
On 25 April 1949 Jedlicze Oil Company, belonging to Galician Karpaty Share Association was nationalised.
Highly qualified and committed crew began reconstruction period well; therefore the refinery was considered as one of the factories to which priority of investment was given.
The three—year plan was closed with an investment input of 25,7 min zł what boosted the installed power to 4,190 KM.
In 1952 the following items were open:
- tube-tower distillation: processing capacity 90,000 Mg oil,
- mineral-pitch oxidise— 30,000 Mg stock,
- decarbonization,
~ barrel manufacture into asphalt. In a six-year plan (1950-1955) 80 min was alloca-ted for investment targets.
Subsequently the following items were open:
— furfurol refining — 1957,
— bleaching clay refining — Filtrol — 1961,
— a central sewage—treatment plant — 1964,
— a steam boiler OR—32 with a generator unit 2,7 MW power - 1965,

- light hydrocarbons rectification Pentany - 1967,
— cresol refining was adapted as acetone refining — 1967,
— used oil treatment — 1971.
In 1956-1970 investment input in real prices was 330 min zł.
In further five years, modern installations in new areas were open:
— an oil inhibitor — 1975,
- a gear oil building - 1976,
- a plastic grease factory - 1977.
Areas east off the refinery were bought for further expansion such as e.g. used oil regeneration installations. The refinery's area was enlarged to 90,2 ha. Quality production, quantity production and a product line developed dynamically. It is worth stressing that a billion zloty in real prices was reached in 1968 and it was 1,005 min zł, gained by selling the refineiy's products.
In 1964 the refinery undertook a regeneration of used oil, causing its troubles, but giving the national economy approximately 2 min Mg of saved production, not to mention ecological aspects.
In 1976-1980 the refinery was a part of Podkarpaty Refinery Companies in Jasło and had 48% shares in the production value. It was a stagnation period that is remembe red as a conseąuence of the central authorities superpower policy. Therefore, disintegration was sudden (January l, 1981).
Despite the difficułt crisis years in 1980s, the refine17 was a company renewed its mcdernisation. Three steam boilers were replaced with a new OD-16 type, simultaneously fed with gas and oil and the gas plant was adapted as a water softening plant. The refinery's electric energy supply was a 30 kV line and it was reinforced with a 110kV line (towards Białobrzegi) and also a clutch station and GPZ were built.
In 1985 i.e. the 85th anniversary, the refinery had the production value of 12,100 min and employed 1,200 workers who produced more man a hundred assortments: petroleum solvent, compression—ignition engine fuel, heating oil, compressor oil, electro—insulting oil, machine oil, hydraulic oil, engine oil, gear oil, special oil, asphalt and lithium grease.
In the second half of the 1980s and the 1990s further investments were conducted:
- replacing two Zielenicki coal boilers with RP-6 Sefako Sędziszów — 1986,
- a new air compressor room was built - two turbocompressors with efficiency of 8,000 Nm3/min and pressure of 8 atmosphere, and also a nitrogen production zeolite station — 1991,
— a cold store (1992) replaced the chimney one from 1952,
- the power station building and Aceton (once Cresol) were adapted as workshops: Control—Measuring Apparatus (AKP) and electric,
- installation for propane deasphalting, efficiency: 25,000 Mg/year working in a high temperature condition - 1992,
- two production lines of filling 1,11 and 3,51 packages (1992) replaced the installations from 1976,
- barrel and drum production line ???a!201 and canister 321 with warehouses (1993),
— a sewage—treatment plant, efficiency: 600m3/hour (1992) which is used in 33%,
— yards, access roads, inner roads and receipt of products by car transport were modernised,
— a fuel station and three oil stations for autocisterns were built — 1993,
- a car garage (1993) was built and the previous one was turned into a firm shop - 1994,
— a PE 51 and 201 package production linę and filling them with oil - 1995,
— in 1996 a high vacuum distillation of used, Viscolube (Italy) licence, was ready to use, and it replaced the old boiler distillation from 1926.
The installation significantly lowered the cost of used oil regeneration, which since 1963 i.e. from the ve-ry beginning of used oil collection in Poland, has been processed 2,5mln Mg, that is as much as a ten—year extraction of kerosene.
- in 1998 a rotary furnace for waste combustion, the first in refining industry, was introduced.
In April 1997 the refinery received a PCBC certifi-cate for an application of the quality approval system, ISO 9002 norm, and since 1998 we have been ready to implement an ecological management system according to ISO 14001.
In February l, 1996 the refinery became a Joint Stock belonging to Polish Kerosene Ltd. Nowadays Petrochemia Płock is an owner of 75% shares which means that since this February Jedlicze Oil Refinery Joint Stock has belonged to a Petro holding.

Prof. ph. D, Engineer Andrzej Madeyski
RYMANOW ZDRÓJ - MY REFLECTIONS FROM THE YEARS 1952 - 1999
Prof. ph. D. Engineer Andrzej Madeyski is the Director of the „Polish Health Resorts" Chamber of Commerce. The author recalls his first meeting with the Rymanów Zdrój Health Resort in the summer of 1952. He also writes about present Rymanów. That fragment is published unabridged.
Rymanów has retained much of its naturalness, harmony with the surrounding naturę and simplicity. It is one of few Polish health resorts which resisted the socialist—realistic buildings, the invasion of cars, and industrial plants which pollute the natural environrnent. Rymanów has got two treasures: one of them is unique 0.8% sorrel, chloride-bicarbonate—sodium, bromide—iodide, and the other is local healing climate having amazing influence in curing children.
It is something marvellous: a secluded health resort with a natural environment, three kilometres
away a small town with the historie Saint Wawrzyniec church (XVIIIth century) and ruins of a historie - Renaissance synagogue. Present Rymanów has got a modern sanatorium for children (300 beds) „Ziemowit", a modernised pump room, Nature-Healing Plant „Eskulap", and a naturally bottled minerał water plant. Rymanów, not so long ago a part of the village of Posada Górna, has got a full public infrastructure i.e. a sufficient drinking water supply and for econo-mic needs, a sewage system with a sewage —treatment plant, and an organised system of waste disposal.
Rymanów is a health resort mainly for children, but adult healing is successfully developing in the „Rymanów Health Resort" Joint—Stock Company com-plex, Sanatorium „Stomil" (150 beds), and „Słoneczna" (30 beds).



Icon Return to Lemkos Home Page

Document Information

Document URL: http://lemko.org/polish/sprz/12.html


E-mail: walter@lemko.org

Copyright © LVProductions, Ltd.

Originally Composed: April 25th, 2003
Date last modified: