ZHERNYTSYA NYZHNYA

1843

St. Michael the Archangel

ZHERNYTSYA NYZHNYA
The Polish government turned the lands that belonged to the village of Zhernytsya Nyzhnya, into a penal collective farm. Here criminals, not considered dangerous, serve out their sentences. The tserkva is located near the farm and is used as a warehouse for fertilizer and similar goods. In the neighboring village, Zhernytsya Vyzhnya, still stands an abandoned wooden tserkva of Saint Basil the Great. We could not reach this village to photograph it.