ZAHIRYE

1836

St. Michael the Archangel

 ZAHIRYE
This tserkva is of masonry construction using local stone as the building material. Prior to W.W.II, almost 900 faithful prayed here and 33 acres of arable land, with 13 acres of meadows, belonged to the parish. Today the tserkva is used by the Orthodox parish and the damage it suffered from 35 years of neglect has been repaired.