VOYKOVA

Sts. Kosmas and Damian

1792

The Ukrainian Catholic parish was officially set up on October 3, 1595, when the Roman Catholic Bishop of Krakiv donated a plot of land towards the support of the parish priest. The original tserkva burned down in 1790, the present one was erected on the same site in 1792. At the beginning of W.W.II the tserkva possessed 55 acres of arable land, 58 acres of meadows, and 30 acres of forest. The tserkva became the property of the Polish Roman Catholic church in 1984. A new wooden cross stands in front in memory of the expropriationVoykova