VIYS'KO

1804

Sta. Kosmas and Damian

VIYS'KO
The settlement derives its name from the Kievan Rus' period, when troops. "Viys'ko" defenders of Syanik, were stationed here. The tserkva at one time was a Roman Catholic chapel and served the laborers in a knitting mill. When the mill was destroyed by fire, the owners donated the structure for use as a Ukrainian tserkva. Today it serves as a Polish Roman Catholic kostel.