VILKHIVTSI

1844

Ascension of Our Lord

 VILKHIVTSI
This community was established during the Kievan Rus' period. Prior to W.W.II the tserkva served a parish of 900 souls but now is used as a kostel by the Polish Roman Catholics. The tserkva has been restored and a new layer of copper sheeting was being applied to the domes during our visit. In front of the tserkva we met some Ukrainians at a bus stop who had relatives in Canada.