VAN'KOVA

1792

St. Paraskeva

VAN'KOVA
The tserkva in Van'kova stood deserted between 1947 and 1976 when, already partially gutted, it was completely demolished. When a need for a church developed in 1986, the local Polish community decided to dismantle the Ukrainian tserkva in Ropenka in order to obtain building material for their kostel. Shown in the photographs are the materials from Ropenka that will be used to construct a Polish kostel in Van'kova. It will be interesting to compare the finished kostel with the drawing of the Ukrainian tserkva in Ropenka.