The Polish government changed the name of Ustye Rus'ke to Ustye Horlyts'ke. The parish here was set up in 1539 and was endowed with 20 acres of arable land, 148 acres of meadows, and 70 acres of forest. The surrounding area was an economically depressed region, hence half the population (500 souls) emigrated to the USA as immigrants or as seasonal workers. The tserkva is used by the Polish Roman Catholic parish, while the chapel is in a very precarious condition.
St. Paraskeva/Cemetery Chapel