TYRYAVA SILNA

St. John the Baptist

1837

 TYRYAVA SILNA
The parish in Tyryava Silna included tserkvy in Semushova and Holuchkiv. Together, these tserkvy served 1550 inhabitants in 1879, which increased to 1900 in 1909, and 2250 in 1939. Out of these, about 10 percent emigrated to North America. Officially, today, there are no inhabitants here of the Ukrainian Byzantine Rite, and the tserkva is used as a Roman Catholic kostel.