TEREPCHA

Dormition of the B. V. Mary

1807

 TEREPCHA
The original inhabitants of Terepcha all died in the 16th century as a result of cholera, and the locality was resettled some time after. When the wooden tserkva burned down in 1801, the Austrian authorities donated a chapel, from a closed down monastery, to serve as a tserkva. This structure was restored and enlarged into the present day temple. On December 24, 1945, the Polish Roman Catholics confiscated the temple and converted it into a kostel.