STEFKOVA

1840

St. Paraskeva

STEFKOVA
The tserkva in Stefkowa is spacious as it served 1200 Ukrainian souls. It was built through the gratitude of Andriy Hirs'kyj, whose portrait still hangs inside. At one time, the tserkva's wealth included 85 acres of land, 42 acres of meadows, and 5 acres of forest. After the forceful expulsion of Ukrainians, the lands belong to the government, and the tserkva has been used as a Polish kostel since 1953.