SNITNYTSYA

St. Demetrius, the Great Martyr

1755

Snitnytsya traces its beginnings to the days of the Kievan Rus'. In 1930 the parish switched to the Orthodox religion, but later on returned to Catholicism, when the wearing of rosaries by the Redemptorist Fathers, understood to be a sign of latinization, was explained to the population. The tserkva that was used by 300 Ukrainian Catholics is now used by Polish Roman Catholics. .