SHLYAKHTOVA

Patronage of the B. V. Mary

1909

The first mention of Shlyakhtova is in 1391, when the Polish kings were partitioning lands they had conquered from Kievan Rus' among their noblemen. Shlyakhtova is the most westerly Ukrainian settlement. The tserkva was built according to the style of Sts. Wolodymyr and Olha in Kiev. At one time the tserkva served some 670 parishioners but now is used as a kostel by the Polish Roman Catholics. SHLYAKHTOVA