SHCHAVNYK

St. Demetrius, the Great Martyr

1841

There was a separate parish in Shchavnyk until 1806, when it became a part of the parish in Zlotske. At the turn of the century numerous residents emigrated to USA looking for economic opportunity. Near the church we find a number of monuments donated by those who returned. The tserkva served a community of 670 souls, but is now used by the Polish Roman Catholic parish. SHCHAVNYK