ROPYTSYA RUS'KA

St. Michael the Archangel

1819

ROPYTSYA RUS'KAROPYTSYA RUS'KA
These photographs illustrate some of the construction of a Lemko ecclesiastical structure. They also illustrate how craftsmen, together with conservers, can turn a threatened structure into a beautiful tserkva. The replacement of the tin, covering the domes, with cedar shingles should be especially noticed. We surmise that the tserkva now serves a Polish Roman Catholic parish. The name of the locality was changed to Ropycya Horishnya.