PELNYA

1805

St. John, Theologian

 PELNYA
This tserkva, together with the bell tower, is well kept and is used by the Roman Catholics. It is interesting to note that in the neighboring village, Pobidno, the Ukrainian Byzantine Catholic 1805 parish decided to join the Roman Catholic rite when their tserkva burned down in 1830. A similar situation occurred in Andrushkivtsi, where the Ukrainian Catholics switched to Roman Catholicism, because the vendor of the church plot would not allow a tserkva to be erected.