PANTNA

1916

St. Paraskeva

PANTNA
At the beginning of the second world war, Pantna featured an ancient Lemko style wooden tserkva, erected in 1700, in addition to the one shown. The old tserkva was taken apart, only the bell tower remains. It must be pointed out that Pantna represents cooperation between the Polish Roman Catholic church and the Ukrainian Catholic church that is difficult to find in Poland. An inscription on the tserkva indicates that it is an auxiliary tserkva for the Ukrainian parish in Komancha, as well an an auxiliary kostel for the Polish Roman Catholic parish in Malastiv. The Ukrainians celebrate services at 9 am, while the Poles do the same at 4 pm.