MYCHKIV

1915*

Dormition of the B. V. Mary

MYCHKIV
Mychkiv was inhabited mostly by Ukrainians, but the Poles accounted for about one third of the population. The Poles had their kostel, Heart of Jesus Christ, while the Ukrainians had their tserkva of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. After the expulsion of the Ukrainian population, their tserkva stood unattended for some 30 years. Recently the Poles acquired, renovated, and are using this temple as their second kostel.

*1899, per Stanislaw Krycinski's "Cerkwie w Bieszczadach", 1995