MATSYNA VELYKA

1807

Sts. Kosmas and Damian

MATSYNA VELYKA
The tserkva in Matsyna is not very stylish, and the land is not very fertile. It is no wonder that by 1909 a total of 600 persons, out of a population of 1800, traveled to North America as immigrants or seasonal workers. Some of those who returned purchased their land, or displayed their increased economic standing by funding chapels such as the one shown in the photograph. The tserkva is now used by the Polish Roman Catholic parish.