LUKOVE

1828

St. Demetrius, the Great Martyr

 LUKOVE
Prior to the expulsion of the Ukrainian population, the tserkva in Lukove served 1200 parishioners. The inhabitants were enterprising, so that by the year 1909, 400 of them traveled to America for temporary employment or for permanent stay. The tserkva stood abandoned for 20 years. In 1970 it was given to the Polish Roman Catholic parish. As seen from the photograph, the tserkva, the bell tower and the fencing are kept in good condition.