LISHCHOVATE

1922

St. Paraskeva

LISHCHOVATE
Prior to W.W.II, the inhabitants of Lishchovate included 1160 Ukrainians, 40 Poles, and 20 Jews. The number of Ukrainians remaining after resettlement is not known. The tserkva, which was painted in 1937 by artists, Voloshyns'kyj and Zhovnir, has been used by the Polish Roman Catholics for some time. The Rev. Stepan Konkolovs'kyj (1898-1945), parish priest of Lishchovate, died here from a Polish bullet.