IZDEBKY

1660

Deposition of the Vestments of the B. V. Mary

IZDEBKY
In 1593 the local tserkva was converted to a Polish Roman Catholic kostel on the orders of the Polish land owner, Katherine Vapovska. The Ukrainian population then attended services in Volod' until 1660, when, by permission of the new land owner, Franz Orzhechovskyj, another tserkva was built. Now only a wooden cross marks the location of this tserkva. The Rev. Orest Kaluzhnyats'kyj ( 1871-1945 ) died in lzdebky at the hands of the Poles, by being sealed-off and left to die in a cellar.