HORYANKA

1838

St. Paraskeva

HORYANKA
Prior to W.W.II, 75 acres of land belonged to the parish in Horyanka, and the parish served 300 inhabitants. After the expulsion of the Ukrainian population, the Poles broke into the tserkva in 1951 and carted away most of the icons and destroyed the iconostasis. In 1970, the tserkva was rearranged to be a Polish Roman Catholic kostel. Standing in front of the kostel is a masonry bell tower, where hangs a bell, dated 1744.