HLADYSHIV

1940

St. John the Baptist

HLADYSHIV
The old church burned down during the war in 1914, and the new one was not built until 1940. This tserkva, in spite of being in the heart of Lemkoland, is of traditional Hutsul architecture. As far as we were able to determine, this tserkva was given to the Polish Roman Catholic church in 1986 for use by the Ukrainian Catholics.