HANCHOVA

1871

Patronage ot the B. V. Mary

HANCHOVA
The first tserkva in the village was already 200 years old when this one was built in 1871. The following year, 1872, the community purchased their lands from the landowner Adam Rogavski. On January 22, 1800, Petro Durkot was born here. He became a priest and the patriarch of a famous Lemko family. Before W.W.II there were more than 750 parishioners here. Today the tserkva is used by the Orthodox community.