CHYRNA

St. Paraskeva

1892

Preserved here until W.W.II, was a book of the Gospels, the gift of Hryhoryj Prokopovych in 1643. The inscription read that it was donated for "the forgiveness of sins", and there was a penalty prescribed for whoever should remove it from the tserkva. The tserkva is used by Polish Roman Catholics. On the territory of the Eparchy of Peremyshl, we find the following municipalities named similarly to Chyrna: Charna, Chorne, Chorna, and Chorna Dolishnya.