CHORNA DOLISHNYA

1880

St. Demetrius, the Great Martyr

 CHORNA DOLISHNYA
The tserkva in Chorna Dolishnya was part of the parish in Chorna. The church property included 165 acres of land, 8 acres of meadows and 42 acres of forest. After the banishment of the Ukrainian population, the tserkva was slowly falling apart from lack of maintenance and attention. Today only the wrought iron cross remains at the spot where the tserkva once stood. The remnants of the tserkva were carted away and used as building material elsewhere.