CHARNA

St. Demetrius, the Great Martyr

1764

The tserkva in Charna was part of the parish in Brunary. This village and all surrounding countryside became the property of the Polish Roman Catholic Bishop of Krakiw in 1391. On February 5, 1626, the bishop of Krakiw issued an edict forbidding the expansion of the Ukrainian "Uniate Church". The tserkva that served more than 500 parishioners today is used as a Polish kostel.