BUKOVETS

1824

Appearance of Our Lord

bukovets
* sketch based on written description
A wooden tserkva was built in 1824, and consecrated in 1839. This place of worship was of the Boyko style. The last tserkva was built in 1910 through the efforts of father Aleksy Chtiel, parishoners, and the company "Rubinstein & Frommer". It was demolished after 1945. Foundations and fragments of decorative forged crosses have survived. This most likely was a tserkva adorned with a central cupola, just like the tserkva in Khmiel. Site of the former tserkva overgrown with trees.
per Krycinski S. " Cerkwie w Bieszczadach", Warsaw 1995.